Online Dating Has Just Taken a Turn For the Real
While video has become a bigger and bigger part of our communications, Playfan (iOS/Android, Free) has taken yesterday’s on-line matchmaking apps to a brand new level. Instead of a picture being a profile (with all the guesswork that surrounds that) Playfan makes use of a profile, a 15-second video profile you record from your phone. You can make use of those 15 seconds to maximize someone’s interest with more ease than a picture ever could. It’s that easy– with transparent communication, it’s easier than ever for people to reach out and make a connection.
- Once you’ve recorded your vProfile, you’re almost all set to go. Just upload it, and begin using search parameters to find people and groups who match your personal interests.
- By looking at vProfiles, it becomes easy to narrow down who you’re looking for once you’ve narrowed down what you’re looking for
- After finding your chosen matches, just start communicating and see what happens!
- Playfan is based upon transparency, so that you can let others see the real you that doesn’t always come through in a picture
- Discover feature narrows down by location, finding people closest to you in your area who match some of your preferences
- Once you’ve made a connection, Playfan has a chat feature to reach out to a possible match
- Another interesting feature of Playfan is its “Discover” feature. Once you’ve made choices about what your preferences are, the . From there, just watch vProfiles, and when you’ve found someone interesting, invite them into the app’s chat feature and get to know each other more directly.
Verdict: Playfan opens up whole new possibilities in the world of online dating with its vProfile picture. You can get a lot more about someone’s personality from video than from a picture, and the developers of Playfan are onto something by making communications more honest at the outset.
Ease of use