What Is Scan App ?
Scan app is a QR code as well as bar code scanner app, developed by QR Code City.
What Is Special About This Scan App ?
- Scanner apps are mostly used to scan either QR code or bar codes, but Scan app is the only app that I have seen so far, that is used to both scan QR and bar codes.
- With its website scan.me you can also generate QR codes and use them
- You can generate a QR code for your URLs – and print anywhere, so that when some one scans it, it automatically takes them to the site.
- You can also generate QR code for Plain text (mentioning your details) – And it stick it on your valuables possessions, suppose if some once scans it, say let it be a police officer, then you have more chances of getting it back.
- Use QR codes to and scan to like on Facebook, scan to follow on Twitter and scan to check in on FourSquare etc.
Create a QR code with all your contact details and print it on your business card, so that once a person scans it he can get all the details and all he has to do is just tap on add to contacts, thats it.
- You can advertise a product by just spreading the QR code, so that scanning the code will take the customers to the page where you have the details about the product or to download a software, thus you can use it to promote your business.
- With its real time analytics available in its site you can track the usage of the QR code(s).
- It just doesn’t end there, it can also scan bar codes, just like a normal bar code scanner. Scan app can read UPC- Universal Product Code, EAN- European Article Number and ISBN-International Standard Book Number. To Scan bar codes, this app requires iPhone 3GS,4 and 4S, as their camera is better.
What is Great About Scan App ?
- Scan app is really fast to process both QR and bar codes
- The app is user friendly
- As soon as the app starts running and you can focus on a QR or bar code thats it. It starts scanning it, you need not even press a single button
- And its free, no in-app purchase.
- The app stores the history of scanning with date, time and even locations. It also syncs it with your other iOS devices.
Where Do They Need To Improve ?
Currently everything is running well.
I have never seen a scan app so efficient. One app that scans both QR and bar codes and with much more loaded features. I fell in love with this app the first time I used it, I am sure everyone who uses it will like it too.
Rating: 4.5/ 5